Brie puff pastry bites are a real showstopper. If you’re on the prowl for easy savory snacks with puff pastry, then these are the best appetizers. Super simple puff pastry pinwheels look gourmet and complicated but are made with just 5 ingredients. That’s it!
The best way to chill at home at New Year's? Munch on puff pastry pinwheels till you burst. Crispy, a little sweet, and nicely savory—there's something magical about the combination of gooey melted brie and the tart pop of cranberries.
It's like a flavor explosion wrapped up in flaky, buttery puff pastry and what I call a savory appetizer deluxe. But here's the best part—I couldn’t imagine making anything easier and faster than cranberry brie puff pastry bites.
I'm talking about minimal effort for maximum flavor. Honestly, I can’t even call it a recipe. Whether you're hosting a festive get-together or just treating yourself to a night of indulgence, these puff pastry appetizers (savory) are bliss.
YOU’LL LOVE THESE CRANBERRY BRIE PUFF PASTRY TARTS
Compelling, addictive, and seductive, the easiest appetizer there is
They look super fancy
Super quick, and everyone loves them
Perfect for an elegant get-together, a laid-back brunch, or a light dinner
HOW TO MAKE BRIE PUFF PASTRY BITES?
Step 1: Set the oven to preheat. Line your baking tray with Silpat or parchment paper.
Step 2: Lightly flour your work surface and roll the puff pastry into a largish rectangle (say, about 16" by 8" inches).
Step 3: Brush the rolled pastry with butter. Cut the brie into small pieces and spread it, followed by walnuts and cranberries.
Step 4: Roll the cranberry brie-topped puff pastry into a tight log starting from the long side. Brush with melted butter.
Step 5: Slice the log into 1/4-inch-thick pastry wheels with a sharp knife.
Step 6: Place on your prepped tray.
Step 7: Bake for 20 to 22 minutes until the cranberry tartlets are crispy and golden. Garnish with rosemary sprigs if you want.
Step 8: Cool for a couple of minutes.
Final step: Serve warm!
PINWHEEL PUFF PASTRY RECIPE NOTES
- If the puffed pastry brie cranberry log feels too soft, refrigerate it till it firms up.
- I removed most of the rind from the brie to make the puff pastry savory snacks as smooth as possible. Keep as much or as little of it as you want.
PUFF PASTRY APPETIZERS SUBS & SWAPS
Puff pastry: While you can make your own, I found it easier to use store-bought puff pastry for these savory pinwheels (about 17 ounces / 500 grams).
Cheese: Brie melts into this beautiful concoction. It’s the most crowd-pleasing cheese ever. But I’d suggest using whatever is locally available to you—feta, goat cheese, or Camembert.
Cranberry (along with brie) is the star of these brie puff pastry bites. Dried cranberries are the best here, not fresh or frozen.
Nuts: You can leave out the walnuts or swap them with pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts; just chop them up finely.
Butter lends that extra punch of savory flavor to the small appetizers.
Optional toppings: Add a dollop of honey or a dusting of powdered sugar on hot-out-of-the-oven brie puff pastry bites if you like.
PUFF PASTRY PINWHEEL FILLING IDEAS
Make it herby: Add chopped rosemary to the filling and sprinkle it as soon as the puff pastry pinwheels come out of the oven for that heady aroma.
Make it sweeter: I find the sweet and savory combination utterly delicious, and for me, this recipe finds the perfect balance. But if you want to make the puff pastry bites sweeter, sprinkle cinnamon and drizzle some honey in the filling.
MORE IDEAS FOR APPETIZERS
Half the joy of cooking is sharing it with others. That’s why I’m always eager to hear from you. So go right ahead and drop a comment or reach out on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook. I hope you love these brie puff pastry bites as much as we do!
Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Bites
- 17 oz / 500gms Puff pastry
- 2 tbsp Melted butter
- 6 oz / 170 gms Brie, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup / 65 gms Chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup / 70 gms Dried cranberry
- Fresh rosemary for garnish Optional
- Set the oven to preheat to 190 C. Line your baking tray with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll the puff pastry into a large rectangle (say, about 16 by 8 inches).
- Brush the rolled pastry with butter. Cut the brie into small pieces and spread it, followed by chopped walnuts and cranberries.
- Roll the cranberry brie-topped puff pastry into a tight log starting from the long side.
- Brush the log with melted butter and slice it into 1/4-inch-thick pastry wheels with a sharp knife.
- Place on your prepped tray.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes until the cranberry pinwheels are crispy and golden.
- Cool for a couple of minutes and serve warm. Garnish with rosemary sprigs. Enjoy!