Looking for a delicious, healthy, quick breakfast? I got you covered with these make – ahead Blueberry Overnight Oats! So good, so simple and absolutely wonderful for our hot summer days!
Truth be told, I wasn’t quite sure about trying out overnight oats. A mushy, flavourless meal is what I thought it would be. This was last year. Things have changed drastically since that first time….all in the favour of this breakfast. I’ve even got a version of these on my ONLINE SHOP ! And nowadays these Blueberry Overnight Oats are making our mornings sing!
All you have to do is soak oats ( preferably rolled oats) in any milk of your choice. Add some seeds, some sweetener , maybe a dash of cinnamon. Leave it overnight and you have a perfectly luscious breakfast waiting for you in the morning. Top with some seasonal fruits, nuts and you’re good to go!
For this recipe, I got my hands on some frozen blueberries , turned them into a delicious smoothie and soaked oats in it for the night. The banana and fresh fruits sweetened the oatmeal sufficiently well. Pumpkin seeds and almonds gave a wonderful crunch. How we all loved this variation! The little man demanded some for his after school snack too!
- I used light coconut milk here. Please feel free to use any milk of your choice.
- The oats were sweet enough for us, hence we didn’t feel the need for any sweetener. You can certainly add any you prefer.
- Frozen blueberries are easily available in any big supermarket these days. If you can’t find them, feel free to use ANY fruit you like – apple, mango, mulberries, peaches, plums.
- Make it GLUTENFREE – use certified glutenfree oats.
- Make it VEGAN – use any plant based yogurt.
I hope this delightful breakfast of Blueberry Overnight Oats is enjoyed by you too! I’d love to hear from you. Please do rate and comment below! You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM , PINTEREST and FACEBOOK for more fabulous recipes!
Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup Blueberries I used frozen ones
- 1 Banana
- 1 tbsp Flax seeds
- 8 Almonds
- 1/2 cup Light Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Yogurt, plain You can use coconut yogurt to make this VEGAN
- 1/3 cup Rolled oats
- Honey/Maple syrup/Dates/ Stevia Optional ( I didn't add any)
- Fruits/ Nuts/ Seeds For topping
- Place blueberries, banana, almonds, flax seeds, coconut milk and yogurt in a blender. Blend till smooth. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Put the oats in a small bowl or in a couple of jars. Pour over the smoothie. Stir well, cover and refrigerate it overnight.
- Next morning, stir the mixture, add some more milk/ yogurt if you want a thinner consistency. Top with fruits, seeds, nuts of your choice and enjoy!