Baking maybe my first love, but there are days when even I just can’t turn on the oven! That’s when I turn to my easy, no-bake recipes…like these No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies. Chocolatey, fudgy, dense and so chewy! They are irresistible!
These No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies have been adapted from my no-bake almond cookies. They are extraordinarily simple to make. Yes, you do need to turn on the stove, but its a quick 5-minute job, that’s it. After that, it’s just dumping everything in a bowl and form cookies with the dough. Child’s play, I tell you!
Also, let’s give a moment to talk about how healthy they are. Loaded with oats, good quality organic peanut butter, puffed amaranth, coconut oil and cocoa powder. They are naturally sweetened with date syrup and some dark, dairy-free chocolate. High in fibre, protein rich and full of good fats, they make a wonderful wholesome snacking option.
So here we have sinfully delicious gooey cookies that are clean and free from all nasties, ridiculously easy to make and are always a hit with the crowd!
- You can make these cookies gluten-free by using gluten-free oats.
- Dairy free chocolates and date syrup ( locally made) are easily available online and in most big supermarkets and health food stores.
- If you like, please substitute date syrup with any sweetener of your choice – honey, maple syrup, agave syrup etc.
- These cookies are stored best in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
- I like to toast my rolled oats here as I like the toasty flavour. You can omit this step altogether if you want.
If you try this recipe, do let me know. Please do tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes!
No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
- 1.5 cups Rolled oats, lightly roasted and cooled
- 1/4 cup Puffed amaranth
- 1/3 cup Dark dairy free chocolate, roughlychopped
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Date syrup
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Keep a small tray lined with baking paper ready.
- In a medium sized saucepan, gently heat the date syrup, cocoa powder, coconut oil, and peanut butter, until melted and smooth. Take it off the heat.
- To this mixture, add the oats, chocolate, puffed amaranth, sea salt and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Form into even sized balls and press down a bit to flatten them.
- Place on the prepared tray and refrigerate for 30-40 minutes until firm. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator or freezer.