Celebrating the irresistible goodness of fresh cherries with this Cherry Frozen Yogurt. Is there anything as lovely as glistening sweet-tart cherries? When they're in season, I buy them buy the cartload.
You can find more examples of my cherry love in this roundup of 6 Easy Cherry Recipes - from pies to popsicles, each recipe will bring you utter bliss.
Now to the Cherry Frozen Yogurt. Making frozen treats does not have to be complicated at all. Keep the ingredients simple, play around with the recipe a bit till you get what you enjoy. An ice-cream maker is a great appliance to have for making ice creams and frozen yoghurts. But not to worry, if you don't have one, use a blender or good ol' elbow grease!
Why Make Cherry Frozen Yogurt?
Frozen yoghurts are so fabulous. Creamy and sweet, they make for a perfect low calorie, healthy dessert. Let the delicious, in-season fruit do all the talking. Add more fruit to intensify the flavour, add more yogurt to enhance the smoothness. They are easier to make than ice creams, not that it stops me.
Making the Cherry Frozen Yogurt?
This is really one easy peasy lovely light dessert for those hot summer days. Tangy thick yogurt, sweet fat juicy cherries, and some honey to sweeten the deal. That's all you need here. The chocolate chips are optional, but they add a touch of indulgence, that we all love. Cherries and chocolate make a beautiful combination, a classic. You could add any nuts of your choice here too, for that extra crunch.
- Put the yogurt, cherries and honey in a blender. Whiz until smooth. Taste, and adjust for sweetness.
- Chill the mixture well and freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add in the cherries and chocolate chips ( if using) to the churning mixture in about ten minutes. Continue with the ice cream makers instructions.
- Once the frozen yogurt is ready, you can serve it immediately or turn it out in a pan and freeze it for 6- 8 hours to get a slightly harder/ scoopable consistency.
This recipe is a keeper, trust me. Make this once, and you'll keep going back to it!
Enjoy your summer folks! Our wonderful summer fruit bounty is what makes this scorching heat bearable.
For more easy summer treats:
- Vegan Coffee Ice Cream
- Chocolate Almond Ice Cream
- Vegan Mint Ice Cream with Choc Chunks
- Vegan Jamun Ice Cream
If you try this recipe, I'd love to hear from you! You can tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also follow me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes!
Cherry Frozen Yogurt
- 400 gms Plain Greek Yogurt
- 200 gms Cherries, pitted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 50 gms Cherries, pitted
- 50 gms 70% dark chocolate chips/chunks
- Put the yogurt, cherries (200 gms) and honey in a blender. Whiz until smooth. Taste, and adjust for sweetness.
- Chill the mixture well and freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add in the cherries and chocolate chips ( if using) to the churning mixture in about ten minutes. Continue with the icecream makers instructions.
- Once the icecream is ready, in about 20 minutes, you can serve it immediately or turn it out in a pan and freeze it for 6- 8 hours to get a slightly harder/ scoopable consistency. Scoop into bowls/ cones, serve immediately. Enjoy!