A beautifully simple, healthy and scrumptious salad that is ready in no time. What's not to love? This Red Rice & Mango Salad is tossed with Sriracha Vinaigrette that brings a punch of flavour.
Today I'm excited to share one of my favourite salad meals! Nourishing, tasty and made with fresh seasonal mangoes. It's full of goodness and thankfully takes very little effort to prepare. Ideal for busy weeks when meal prepping is your lifeline.
This is a toss and chill salad - you simply toss all of the ingredients together, pop it in the fridge to chill and then serve when you're ready to eat. I like to make it in the morning for lunches and dinners!
The magic of Red Rice
Red rice is wonderfully nutty, nutritious & flavoursome. It's a fabulous ingredient for salads. It is unhulled or partially hulled rice with a red husk - which means the fibre content is high. Fibre aids in slowing down the rate at which carbs are converted into blood sugar, thus keeping you fuller and satiated longer. This rice is also a great source of B vitamins, calcium, zinc and iron, and other nutrients apart from being rich in antioxidants!
Why use mangoes in the salad?
Fresh and juicy mangoes are a star in this salad. Ripe, unripe, sweet, sour, we love them anyway. High in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E which is amazing for your eyesight, immunity, and skin. Rich in antioxidants, a great source of fibre, mangoes are alkaline in nature thus aid your digestive health. So add them into your salad generously, for good flavour and health!
I'm partial to using slightly sour mangoes in my salads, for that unique flavour and texture.
Making the Red Rice & Mango Salad with Sriracha Vinaigrette
- Cook & cool the red rice.
- Prep the vegetables - diced green onion, cucumbers, carrots, mangoes & corn.
- Combine the red rice & vegetables in a large bowl.
- Prepare the sriracha vinaigrette - put all the salad dressing ingredients in a small jar with a lid, shake vigorously.
- Add the dressing to the salad bowl, toss everything together well. Taste & adjust for seasoning.
- You can then top with your favourite garnishes - walnuts, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, cheese etc.
- Chill the salad in the fridge, then serve!
More Easy & Healthy Salad Recipes:
I’d love to hear from you! Please tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes! Do subscribe to Tasha’s Artisan Foods so you’ll never miss a recipe!
Red Rice & Mango Salad w/ Sriracha Vinaigrette
- 200 gms Red Rice preferably soaked for 15-20 mins, cooked and cooled
- 1 Corn Boiled and scraped off
- 2 Green onion finely diced
- 1 Cucumber deseeded and finely diced
- 1 Carrot finely diced
- 1 Mango diced
- 3 Lemon Juice from Lemons
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce more if you like
- 5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Walnuts, Almonds, Cheese Optional
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a small screw top jar and shake it vigorously.
- Toss everything well, taste and adjust for seasoning; refrigerate till chilled.
- Top with your favorite garnish and serve!
Can use brown rice instead of red rice?
Natasha Minocha says
That bowl of salad hits all the right spots and would be perfect meal for summers
Natasha Minocha says
Thanks so much! Lots of love.