This air fryer tortilla chips recipe is calling your name. And, I vouch, once you start making tortilla chips in an air fryer, you’ll never buy chips again.
Can chips be too delicious to be dipped? Well, yes, yes, they can. It’s why crispy, crunchy, hot, and fresh air-fried tortilla chips have earned a permanent spot on my snack menu.
Definitely healthy tortilla chips (when compared to deep-fried); if you want crunch to the power 100, then air-fry tortilla!
WHY TRY THIS AIR FRYER TORTILLA CHIPS RECIPE (INSTEAD OF BAKED OR FRIED)?
Because it’s quick.
Because you barely need any oil.
Because there’s hardly any need for clean-up.
Because it’s perfect for making small batches.
Because you don’t have to fire up your oven!
Because you get crispy, crunchy, and hefty chips – everything you could ever ask for.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER TORTILLA CHIPS?
Step 1. Mix: Combine olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, and salt. With salt, I go light, but that’s a personal preference.
Step 2. Cut: Brush the mixture on each tortilla (I used 8-inch ones). Stack them up and then cut them into triangles. First, half the tortilla, then quarter it and then slice each quartered piece in half again, so you have 8 tortilla chips.
Step 3. Air fry tortillas: Arrange the chips in a single layer and then bake for about 3 minutes. Take the basket out, turn them upside down, and bake for another minute or two.
Step 4. Cool, serve, and then see them get obliterated in minutes!
CRISPY AIR FRYER CHIPS RECIPE TIPS
Don’t overcrowd the tortilla chips in the air fryer. They’ll bake unevenly. Also, don’t pile them on top of each other. I did, and the outcome was not good.
HOW LONG TO AIR FRY TORTILLA CHIPS?
Each batch took 4 to 5 minutes for me. It can take less or more for you.
My recommendation is to take them out before you feel they’re done. Why? Because they become crisper as they cool.
If they’re too soft in the center, give them another 1 minute to 30 seconds in the air fryer. Just be careful not to burn them.
BAKED TORTILLA CHIPS
I won’t deny that making tortilla chips in an air fryer is so much faster, but they can be made without an air fryer too.
Spread them in a single, even layer on a tray and bake for about 8 minutes at 200 °C. You may need to flip them once during that time.
HOW TO STORE AIR FRYER TORTILLA CHIPS?
After you air-fry tortilla chips, serve them immediately or keep them in an airtight container.
The monsoon decided to jump the queue, so it’s been raining here. The humidity did make some of the leftovers soggy. I just popped them back into the air fryer, and they were good as new.
Nuking them for 20 or 30 seconds in the microwave works too!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH AIR FRYER TORTILLA CHIPS?
This is the most important bit of the air fryer tortilla chips recipe – serving. Where there are tortilla chips, there are 100 ways to serve them.
- You can snack on them as-is.
- Or use them to shovel dips like gochujang mayo, creamy whipped feta, tzatziki, cashew ricotta cheese, mango avocado salsa, and avocado cucumber almond in your mouth.
- Turn them into loaded air fryer nacho chips. Use tortilla chips instead of store-bought nachos.
AIR FRYER TORTILLA CHIPS SWAPS
Tortilla: You can use any kind or size. I chose the tortilla wraps. Feel free to take liberties and turn it into an air fryer corn chip recipe. I made the chips with leftover chapatis, and to be honest, they were really good.
Seasoning: Homemade air fryer tortilla chips are the perfect vehicle for any spice. You can crank up the heat or lower it by air-frying tortilla pieces seasoned with sugar and cinnamon. Literally, everything under the sun works:
- Chili flakes
- Garam masala
- Red chili powder
- Italian seasoning
- Cumin for a smokey touch
- Finely grated Parmesan for a cheesy flavor
- Even simple salt and pepper
MORE SNACK RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Half the joy of cooking is sharing it with others, which is why I’m always eager to hear from you. So go right ahead and drop a comment or reach out on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook. I hope you love air fryer tortilla chips as much as we do!
How To Make Air Fryer Tortilla Chips - Easiest Recipe!
- 6 Tortillas I used 8" flour tortillas. You can use any you prefer.
- 3-4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3/4 tsp Garlic powder
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Brush both sides of the tortillas lightly with this olive oil mixture.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 triangles.
- Place the cut tortillas in a single layer in your air-fryer basket.
- Bake at 180 C or 350 F for 4 minutes. Take them out and turn them over, bake again for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned and crisp. Carefully take the chips out on a cooling rack. They get crispier as they cool.
- Repeat with the remaining tortilla triangles.
- Cool the chips completely before transferring to an air-tight container. Enjoy!
- In case the chips get a bit soft/soggy, bake them in the air-fryer for 1 minute or microwave them for 15-20 seconds.