There is nothing, I repeat nothing, easier than making creamy whipped feta dip. Mix and blitz. That’s it. Two steps. And you end up with an incredibly versatile dip that plays well with everything. Literally everything, from crackers to sandwiches.
For a dip that has only 4 ingredients, it looks gorgeous and tastes addictive, with the salty, tangy feta complementing thick, spreadable Greek yogurt and roasted garlic blending a smokey edge.
Creamy whipped feta dip recipe
How to make creamy whipped feta dip?
- Feta cheese: 200 gms ( 1 cup)
- Greek yogurt: 1/2 cup
- Roasted garlic: 4 cloves
- Olive oil: 2-3 tbsp
The Mediterranean-inspired dip is quick to put together and an excellent make-ahead dish.
- Combine feta, Greek yogurt, and roasted garlic, and then blitz it in a food processor (or blender).
- When the two start to mix, drizzle your olive oil.
- Pulse some more till the texture is super silky.
- Blend for longer if you like your dips to be lighter.
- Stick to good quality feta. The creamier, the better. It will make all the difference.
What else can you use to make feta dip?
Greek yogurt does wonders to balance the assertive sourish flavor of feta. Plus, it’s healthier. Having said that, I feel a good mayonnaise or sour cream will make fine substitutes.
Add more depth to your whipped feta dip
You can serve the dip as-is. But if you feel like adding more layers to its flavors, work in some:
- Lemon zest
- Black pepper
- Any fresh herb you prefer
Incorporate any of these ingredients when blending, and it’ll enrich the dip that also makes for a wonderful spread.
Whipped feta dressing and toppings
With feta dip, you have two choices. You can serve it just with a drizzle of olive oil or go to town with toppings:
- Roasted cherry tomatoes
- Pine nuts
- Red chili flakes
- Sprig of fresh mint from my kitchen garden
These were my choices. But there is no end to toppings and seasoning in the whipped feta recipe. Feel free to choose from:
- Herbs like oregano, thyme, parsley.
- Spices like Za’atar or sumac
- Any nuts or seeds
- Roasted grapes
- Garlic chips
Do you need to add roasted garlic to whipped feta dip?
No, roasted garlic is optional. But I really, really recommend it. The tremendous amount of smokey, earthy flavor it layers over the creamy, tangy feta is unbelievable. Don’t have time to roast garlic? Add a couple of raw cloves.
Can you make a feta dip in advance?
Of course. It refrigerates well in an airtight container, so you can make it well ahead. Just don’t garnish it. Do that right before you serve.
Various ways you can serve whipped feta
As a dip with:
- Mezze platter
- Pita bread
As a spread for:
- Toasted bread
As a sauce for:
- Grilled chicken
- Grilled paneer
- Smashed potatoes
All the reasons to make creamy whipped feta dip
Super easy to make
Comes together quickly with just a few ingredients
Innumerable ways to utilize it
Delicious addition to your table spread
Looking for more easy, homemade dip recipes:
Cashew Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Love feta? Try it in:
Khachapuri: Georgian cheese bread
Creamy Whipped Feta Dip
- 200 gms Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3-4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Olive oil, Roasted pine nuts, Roasted cherry tomatoes, Red chilli flakes, Fresh mint
- Pour 1 tbsp oil in a skillet, add the garlic cloves. Roast on low heat till soft and golden. Keep aside.
- Combine the feta cheese, Greek yogurt, and roasted garlic to your blender or food processor. Blend until combined, then slowly drizzle in the 2 tbsp olive oil. Process until very smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with some olive oil, roasted nuts and cherry tomatoes, mint, and red chilli flakes.
- Serve with pita chips. Enjoy!
This dip has the yum factor and the wow factor coz you have presented it so beautifully!!!
Natasha Minocha says
Awwwww....thank you so so much, Taruna!