These white chocolate cranberry cookies are simply smashing and deliciously delightful: nutty from macadamia nuts, tart and chewy with cranberries, and buttery and soft with white chocolate!
If cookiedom had an empress, these cranberry white chocolate cookies would be “it.” This recipe for soft white chocolate chip cookies makes divine treats.
They are just lightly crisp on the outside but the centers are tender, giving you that very satisfying bite. You have the homey warmth from the brown sugar, and the nuts, cranberries, and chocolate make them super flavorful!
TRY THESE CRANBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Cause it’s a great make-ahead recipe
Cause they stay soft and chewy for days
Perfect festive look with dried cranberries and white chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY COOKIES?
Step 1: Beat softened butter until it is light and fluffy.
Step 2: Mix in brown sugar and caster sugar, followed by eggs and vanilla extract.
Step 3: Once incorporated, add the all-purpose flour and baking soda with a spatula.
Step 4: Fold in the white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and macadamia nuts.
BAKE THE DELISH CRANBERRY COOKIES
Step 5: Chill the white chocolate cookie dough for at least 2 hours. You can even keep it overnight.
Step 6: While the oven preheats, place the cranberry cookies with white chocolate dough balls on your tray.
Step 7: Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, and as soon as they are out of the oven, top them with white chocolate chips and tiny pieces of dried cranberries for that Christmas vibe.
Final step: Cool and serve!
NOTES ON SOFT COOKIES RECIPE
- White chocolate cookies with macadamia nuts have a stiff dough, so I like to use my hands to combine the add-ins to make sure they’re evenly distributed.
- Stash these cookies with macadamia nuts in an airtight container, and they’ll keep well for 2 weeks.
HOW TO MAKE SOFT COOKIES?
- Chilling the dough is very, very important as it allows the cookies to stay thick when baked, giving you fat, chunky cookies. Refrigerating also helps develop the flavor.
- Make your life easier: scoop out the soft cookie dough (I prefer a 1-inch scoop) on your prepared tray, and then refrigerate them. So, when it’s time to bake, you just have to slide the tray into the oven.
- Bake the cookies in 2 batches, if need be, but always leave an inch gap between the dough balls.
- You can even throw the scooped-out dough in the freezer. Whenever you're hit with a craving for white chocolate chip cookies, bake them straight away without thawing. Just add a minute or two to the oven time.
- The cookies' recipe makes for soft and chewy treats. For slightly crisper cranberry white chocolate cookies, bake them a little longer. They still won’t be completely crispy (it is a soft-baked cookie recipe).
FLAVOR & INGREDIENT VARIATIONS
Eggless: Swap the egg with a flax egg by mixing flax seed powder with water in a 1:3 ratio.
Add-ons: You can try so many different things with these white chocolate cookies with cranberries.
- Lemon or orange zest pairs fantastically with cranberries.
- Macadamia nuts are optional. You can leave them out or substitute them with another nut. Hazelnuts, almonds, and pistachios would be the best choices.
- Is there even a limit to how much chocolate you can pack into these cookies with white chocolate? I prefer Callebaut, but any good-quality chips will do wonders here. You can even roughly chop a bar for chunkier pieces.
Sugar: The choice between dark and light brown sugar is yours. I opted for dark because it sneaks in a caramel-ly dimension to the cranberry macadamia nut cookies.
EASY HOLIDAY COOKIES
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 3/4 cup / 170 gms Butter, softened I used salted butter
- 1/2 cup / 80 gms Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup / 55 gms Caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups / 240 gms All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup / 110 gms White chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup / 50 gms Dried cranberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup / 40 gms Macadamia nuts, chopped
- Beat the softened butter in a large bowl for 30-60 seconds, with an electric beater.
- Add the brown sugar and caster sugar. Beat well until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the all-purpose flour and baking soda. Mix well using a spatula.
- Fold in the white chocolate, cranberries, and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop the dough out using a 1" ice cream scoop on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Chill the dough balls for at least 2 hours.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat your oven to 180C. Note: bring the cookie dough to room temperature if it's been chilled overnight.
- Place the cookie dough balls at least 1" apart and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are light golden brown.Place some extra chocolate chips and sliced cranberries on top of each cookie as soon as they come out of the oven. This is an optional step.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the tray before transferring them to a cooling rack. Store the cooled cookies in an air-tight jar. Enjoy!