This easy Coconut Ladoo (Ladduu) recipe is the best homemade mithai! You just need a few simple ingredients to make these fudgy, soft, and delicious ladoos. The perfect dessert for Diwali or any special occasion.
This is a recipe passed down to me from my parents, who made it every Diwali!
It's truly fail-proof and so simple, guaranteed yummy Coconut Ladoos each time.
Homemade VS Store Bought Coconut Ladoo
They turned out moist, soft, with just a slight chewiness, sweet but not cloyingly so. Fabulously easy and quick to make too. I made these in about 20-25 minutes, including the rolling time! Faster than the time it would take anyone to drive up to a shop and purchase some, right?
Making your own sweets at home isn't just about getting control of the ingredients you are using (which is so great), it's also about making your own traditions, memories with your loved ones. That's the most precious gift, gift of love, you pass on to everyone around you.
I mixed a little bit of dried rose petal powder with desiccated coconut for rolling the laddoos in, just to add some color and fun.
It's completely optional though. For making your own rose petal powder, please check the recipe for Coconut Almond Rose Bliss Balls.
I hope you'll enjoy making these coconut ladoos with your family and enjoy them as much as we do. Wish you all a very happy and peaceful Diwali!
I’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and share a picture of your creation on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods.
Easy Coconut Ladoo ( Laddu)
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Mik powder
- 3/4 cup Dessicated coconut
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp Dessicated coconut For rolling the ladoo/laddu
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan. Immediately add milk, then sugar, then milk powder. Continuously stir on low heat until the mixture becomes thick. Make sure its lump free.
- As soon as the milk mixture thickens, add the dessicated coconut and cardamom powder. Cook for about 5 minutes, till it all comes together.
- Let it cool for 4-5 minutes, then roll it into even sized balls and dust liberally with coconut. Serve immediately!