Strawberry banana bread isn’t going to solve the world’s problems, but it’ll definitely make your day. It’s easy to make, delicious, and possibly the best and fastest use for spotty bananas and fresh strawberries.
An easy strawberry banana bread, it’s a twist on a classic that I never knew I needed. It is the kind of bake that makes any day brighter, whether you enjoy it for breakfast, as an afternoon snack, or as a delightful dessert.
The easy, quick bread recipe is a perfect fusion of moist bananas and sweet strawberries. Each slice of this bread is moist, tender, and dotted with juicy bits of red berries.
WHY TRY THIS STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD RECIPE
You’ll love just how adaptable this easy quick bread recipe is
It's invented for those overripe bananas you have lying around but don’t know what to do with
It’s seriously dangerous, and you will want to eat the whole loaf by yourself!
Midday pick-me-up or after-work indulgence, a slice of it will never fail to make you smile.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA STRAWBERRY BREAD RECIPE?
Step 1: With a handheld (or electric) whisk, beat softened butter and sugar till creamy. About 2 minutes.
Step 2: Incorporate eggs and vanilla extract. At this point, the mixture may look curdled but don’t panic.
Step 3: Add your mashed, overripe bananas to it.
Step 4: Then sift in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder right into the bowl.
Step 5: Mix just until no dry streaks are visible.
Step 6: Fold in chopped strawberries.
Optional step: Whisk in chocolate chips in the batter of this strawberry quick bread.
Step 7: Transfer to a greased 8 by 4 or 9 by 5 loaf pan.
Step 8: Top with extra strawberries and chocolate chips, and bake for 55 to 65 minutes.
Step 9: Let the loaf rest in the pan for 5–10 minutes. Then turn it over on a wire rack to cool completely.
Final step: Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
NOTES ON BANANA BREAD WITH STRAWBERRIES
- Sifting the dry ingredients breaks big lumps, makes mixing easier, and gives a consistent batter.
- Toss your diced strawberries in a little bit of flour before you fold them into the batter so they don’t sink to the bottom of the strawberry loaf cake.
- Don’t overmix the batter in this strawberry banana bread recipe, or you’ll have a dense loaf. Fold, i.e., combine, without beating or stirring.
- My strawberry banana bread was baked in about an hour. When a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, that’s when yours is done.
- If you notice the top of the bread browning too much, loosely cover it with foil by making a tent for the last 10 minutes or so.
STRAWBERRY AND BANANA BREAD SUBS AND SWAPS
Flour: You can use any of these three options: whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, or 50-50 of both.
Sugar: This time I used jaggery powder to sweeten the easy strawberry bread recipe, and it lent that extra depth of earthy, caramelly flavor that made the banana bread sing! Caster sugar, brown sugar, or regular granulated sugar will also work here.
Keep in mind that the color of your bread will change. Jaggery and brown sugar both make for a darker loaf. Caster and regular sugar give it a lighter hue.
Butter: If you’re not using salted butter like me, add ¼ teaspoon of salt to the batter along with the other dry ingredients. Use melted coconut oil or any vegetable oil as a substitute.
Mix-ins: It’s so easy to make this recipe for strawberry bread your own. Chocolate chips or chopped chunks of couverture chocolate are optional, but it’s ace with them, especially if you like a sweeter-tasting bread. Yum! Walnuts will go beautifully here.
FROZEN OR FRESH?
My market is flooded with fresh strawberries, so of course I had to make the most of them. But you can bake strawberry banana bread using frozen strawberries. You don’t need to thaw them. Just toss in the batter and follow the step as-is.
NOT PATIENT ENOUGH TO WAIT FOR BANANAS TO BE RIPE?
The best-tasting banana strawberry bread is one with the ripest bananas. The ones that are just one step ahead of being binned.
But I get it.
We’re not always in the mood to bake banana bread right there and then.
So, here’s my trick.
When your bananas are overripe, slice and freeze the fruit. Thaw them on the countertop whenever you’re ready to bake the banana bread with strawberries!
WANT AN EGGLESS RECIPE FOR STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD?
I have done plenty of banana bread with yogurt and flax eggs to know they work beautifully. Thick, hung yogurt is almost magical. It keeps the loaf moist. It brings a subtle tanginess and creaminess. And it makes the crumb light.
Since my recipe for strawberry bread used 2 eggs (each was about 45 grams), you’ll need 90 to 100 grams of yogurt.
SERVING STRAWBERRY BANANA LOAF
Serve the bread with strawberry warm or at room temperature—whatever tempts your palate—but do so in big, fat chunky pieces, because that’s how you get to be lost in the gooey chocolate tangoing with juicy strawberries and nutty banana.
- It’s the perfect teacake to kick back with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Or, you can serve it as a healthy dessert with a scoop of ice cream.
- I love to toast the banana bread with strawberries, slather with butter, and then snack on it for breakfast.
MORE EASY BANANA BREAD RECIPES
Half the joy of cooking is sharing it with others. That’s why I’m always eager to hear from you. So go right ahead and drop a comment or reach out on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook. I hope you love this strawberry banana bread recipe as much as we do!
Perfect Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup / 115 gms Butter, softened I used salted butter.
- 1/2 cup / 100 gms Jaggery powder or sugar You can use granulated sugar, caster sugar, or cane sugar instead of jaggery powder.
- 2 Eggs
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 Bananas, mashed
- 1.5 cups / 240 gms Wholewheat flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup / 200 gms Strawberries, diced - tossed in 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup / 100 gms Mini chocolate chips
Cake Topping ( Optional)
- Diced strawberries and Chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 C. Grease a loaf pan. You can use 8"*4" or 9"*5".
- In a large bowl, combine the softened butter and jaggery powder or sugar.
- Beat well using a whisk or an electric beater until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and beat well.If the mixture looks curdled, don't worry, and continue with the recipe!
- Mix in the mashed bananas.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and baking soda into the bowl.
- Mix until no white streaks remain. Please do not overmix.
- Fold in the flour-tossed strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Top with extra strawberries and chocolate chips, if you wish.
- Bake at 180 C for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out on a cooling rack to cool
- Dust with icing sugar if you wish. Slice and serve. Enjoy!