The crazy hot days of summer are here, and here to stay for a long while. But summers are also about quieter days, school holidays, lazy schedules, movies, reading and of course ice creams!
Now that there is a glut of juicy, luscious cherries everywhere, they have to be promptly brought home and eaten gluttonously. And since there is a constant demand for frozen snacks, I have for you these Easy Cherry Yogurt Popsicles!
A cherry version of my Jamun Yogurt Popsicles, these follow the same easy recipe and are equally delicious, with big fat lush cherries in every bite with a little crunch from the toasted coconut flakes.
This is a great kitchen project with the kids and in my case we even put together a little video ( see below) ! They cut the fruit, did all the whisking, tasting and pouring into the molds, and all the while I simply gave instructions and took pictures! 🙂
These healthy 4 ingredient popsicles make for a wonderful snack, dessert and I have no qualms serving this refreshing frozen treat for breakfast either!
Creamy, delicious, and perfect for a hot summer day – go ahead make some. Add any other fruit if you don’t like cherries. Or mix them up. Throw in some chocolate chips, nuts or maybe even some seeds…whatever you fancy. I’m easy like that !!
If you try this recipe, do let me know. Please do tag me on Instagram @tashasartisanfoods, using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods. You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST for more fabulous recipes!
Easy Cherry Yogurt Popsicles
- 400 gms Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup ( heaped) Cherries, pitted and chopped
- 2-4 tbsp honey According to the preferred sweetness.
- 3 tbsp Toasted coconut flakes plus 1 tbsp extra
- Whisk the yogurt and honey well. Stir in the chopped cherries with their juices. Taste and adjust for sweetness. Gently stir in the coconut flakes.
- Pour into your popsicle molds. Top with some extra coconut flakes if you wish. Freeze for at least 8 hours. I prefer overnight. Gently pry out the frozen popsicles and enjoy!