The one breakfast that makes my family go weak in their knees? Fresh, warm, crispy and fluffy, I can never go wrong with these Classic Eggless Waffles! And you won't believe how fast they are to churn out!
As involved as it may seem to make waffles, truth be told, it really couldn't be easier. Once you've whipped up the batter, your waffle iron does all the work for you. This Eggless Waffle recipe makes sure you get impeccable ones, every time! And yes, it's a VEGAN one!!
This is a basic recipe. Its a great carrier for any addins you like - orange/ lemon zest, chocolate chips, nuts. Add some cocoa powder or matcha powder to get different flavours. Mix it up, as you like.
Now the toppings! The combinations are endless - maple syrup with fruits, peanut butter with chocolate chips and banana slices, chocolate almond butter, Nutella - I could go on and on! And these are just the sweet ones, how about some savoury waffles? Eggs, avocados, bacon, tomato salsa, doesn't it sound just groovy?
Now, these waffles are best eaten fresh. But if you do have any leftovers, you can simply refrigerate or freeze them. Pop them in the toaster and they'll be good to go! They are so easy to make, and taste so wonderful, you'll really forget all about the store-bought ones, which are filled with God knows what and have been sitting on the shelf for God knows how long!
- All-purpose or wholewheat flour, both work very well in this recipe. I haven't made these GLUTENFREE like GLUTENFREE BEETROOT WAFFLES, GLUTENFREE BROWNIE WAFFLES and APPLE CINNAMON WAFFLES. Though I'm sure buckwheat will work like magic in this recipe.
- I've made these waffles with coconut milk, but please feel free to use any milk of your choice.
- I love the flavour of coconut oil in my baking. Any other oil or butter ( melted) will be perfect too.
If you're into chocolate, like my crew is, you can easily make these into Chocolate Waffles! Just add a couple of tablespoons of cocoa powder to the dry ingredients and proceed as given in the recipe.
I hope you'll all enjoy these easy Classic Eggless Waffles ( Vegan) as much as we do. I’d love to hear from you. Please do rate and comment below! You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM , PINTEREST and FACEBOOK for more fabulous recipes!
Eggless Classic Waffles | Vegan
- 1.5 cups Wholewheat/ All purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Powdered sugar
- 1.5 cup Light coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix coconut milk with vinegar in a small bowl and let it sit for 5-6 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, combine all the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Mix oil, vanilla and coconut oil in the milk and vinegar mixture. Pour into the dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth and thick. The batter should have a soft dropping consistency, like a cake batter.
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Grease the waffle cavities well and pour a ladleful of batter in the cavity. Let the batter cook for 4-5 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter. Serve warm. Enjoy!