Its smoothie time here again!
This time I come armed with an immunity boosting Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie. Its not just another pretty in pink breakfast, this one means business ( a very delicious one though)! 🙂
Everyone around me is falling like nine pins, including your truly. The kitchen is packed with all sorts of soups, broths, khichadi and various home remedy concoctions. Adding to that is this wonderful smoothie – metabolism stimulating, so rich in vitamin C, vitamin B 6 and many minerals like manganese, calcium, magnesium. High in fiber (soluble and insoluble) and anti inflammatory properties, we do have a winner in hand!!
Pineapple is a nutritious tropical fruit loved universally for its sweet exceptional flavour and taste. Wonderfully juicy and refreshing it’s a storehouse of various health benefits. Apart from its immunity boosting qualities, it helps in regulating blood pressure, improving blood circulation, improving oral and bone health.
Ginger, chia seeds and turmeric take this healthful recipe another notch along with banana , which also adds to the sweetness. Strawberries ,one of my favourite berries, really pack a healthful punch and give the smoothie a lovely sweet tart flavour.
So drink up my friends and fight the flu away with this delightful breakfast beverage! I’d love to hear from you. Do leave a comment below and share a picture on INSTAGRAM using the hashtag #tashasartisanfoods !
- I have not used any sweetener in this recipe. If you prefer the smoothie to be sweeter, please use an extra banana or any sweetener of your choice.
- You can make this recipe completely VEGAN by using a plant-based yogurt or milk of your choice.
Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie
- 8-10 Strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup Fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 cup Yogurt, plain
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4" Fresh ginger root, sliced thinly
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth and well blended. Taste and adjust for sweetness and consistency that you prefer. Enjoy!