Rose Strawberry Chia Pudding – The story of how I conjured up a magical pudding. The other day I had my school friend and her Spanish husband over for breakfast. They are both avid foodies and totally into health/wellness space. And thus the breakfast had to be planned well, balancing their dietary no-nos with my need to impress!!
I find it easy to fit the savories into any regulated menu but its the sweets which take a little longer thought process. Going through my refrigerator, I knew the seasonal luscious strawberries were in for sure,
sugar is out so honey was in too. Hmm…So how to convert them into something healthy, light, filling, and good to look at?? My Aha! moment struck and I could visualize a pretty as a picture Rose Strawberry Chia Pudding.
So Chia is among the healthiest food on the planet and has exploded in popularity over the last some years. Chia is the ancient Mayan word for strength. And these seeds definitely pack a healthy punch. They are a quick, easy to use a rich source of protein, fiber, minerals, and antioxidants. They have a mild taste and are very versatile. You can sprinkle them on your salads, smoothies, shakes, yogurt. Mix them in your baked goodies, jams ( you can see my mulberry jam recipe).
We read we hear and by now we should all know and honor that to eat seasonally is the best way to get most out of our foods. Strawberries are everywhere these days! They are indeed a superfood that’s gorgeous to look at, fabulously sweet and juicy to taste and rich in nutrients.
And the third ingredient for the pudding was Greek yogurt. Its a thicker, creamier version of
curd/yogurt and very easy to make at home. Honey comes with a lot of health benefits and for me, it’s honey over refined sugar wherever possible! I also decided to add a few drops of rose water for that delicate floral aroma. Topping with some organic dried rose petals just added to the charm.
Rose Strawberry Chia Pudding turned out to be the most alluring dessert in my beautiful cocktail glasses with all the flavors in perfect harmony and got a total thumbs up from the connoisseur friends.
Rose Strawberry Chia Pudding
- 1 cups Plain Greek yogurt You can use hung yogurt too
- 3 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/3 cup Fresh strawberry puree You can keep the puree a bit chunky if you prefer
- 3-4 tbsp Honey/ maple syrup
- 1 tsp Rose water
- Strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- Chopped Pistachio, Popped amaranth, Pumpkin seeds for topping
- Dried rose petals
- In a small bowl, combine the greek yogurt and chia seeds. Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Stir in the strawberry puree, rose water and honey the next morning. Stir well. Taste and adjust for sweetness and rose flavour.
- Spoon into your serving glasses, top with some strawberries, pistachio and dried rose petals. Yo can serve these immediately or later. Enjoy!