my pet project #updatesmoothierecipes continues with this gorgeous mulberry mango beet smoothie. i promise, it tastes just as glorious as it looks!
Smoothies are a great way to up your daily fruit and vegetable intake. My family isn’t much for beets, but since mangoes and mulberries here completely camouflage the earthy beetroot taste, they’ll happily lap it all up.
Beetroot is wonderful for fighting inflammation, for detoxification and is full of beneficial nutrients and fiber. While it is high in sugar and should be consumed in moderation, it is a vegetable that’s highly recommended by nutritionists.
Mulberries are the fruits of my childhood! They always evoke so much nostalgia of the days when one of our friends would climb up the mulberry trees and shake the branches while the rest of us stood underneath to catch them all.
These juicy little berries are a delight to eat as is as well as for making jams ( like this MULBERRY CHIA JAM ) , chutneys, sherbets, wines and a plethora of baked goodies ( try these LEMON BUCKWHEAT SCONES ).
Not only are the delicious, they are also rich in vitamin A & C, calcium, iron and fiber. Mulberries are great for our digestive health, bones, immunity – building and regulating blood pressure. Since these berries have a short season as well as a shorter shelf life, make the most of them while they are around.
- Using frozen fruits and vegetables makes your smoothies very creamy.
- Add some cashews here to make it creamier and a bit bulkier. If you have reservations about using them, add any nut of your choice or leave them out all together.
- The liquid component here is fresh coconut water, but some yogurt would work just as well.
- While I chose not to sweeten the smoothie, you can certainly include any of your choice.
- I highly recommend consuming the smoothies as soon as they are made. I find the taste gets a little off after a few hours.
This Mulberry Mango Beet Smoothie is a wonderfully healthy, easy 5 ingredient recipe, with bright, refreshing flavours. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. I’d love to hear from you. Please do rate and comment below! You can also FOLLOW ME on INSTAGRAM , PINTEREST and FACEBOOK for more fabulous recipes!